Event Locations: US National Tennis Center | Flushing, NYC
Date: August 26th, 2013 - September 9th, 2013
Description: During the 2013 US Open in New York City I worked as a lead producer for the American Express Art & Sound of Tennis installation at the US National Tennis Center. Working on behalf of interactive agencies, Red Paper Heart and Your Majesty, I helped plan, coordinate, and execute one the most popular on site installations at the National Tennis Center during the US Open.
After the the agencies received a request for proposal from American Express I worked with them in the ideation phase providing ideas as well as using my contacts to provide crucial real world information on Tennis and tech equipment to ensure that our concept would work in physical form while having true to life characteristics that would appeal to Tennis fans of all ages. After being notified that our concept was green lit, our team began a three month prep in advance of the Open designing, developing, and overseeing all production needed to create the Art & Sound of Tennis.
My responsibilities included but were not limited to the following:
- Set and managed project timelines
- Site surveying and reporting
- Assisted with drafting project proposals and scope of work
- Managed project budgets
- Sourced and managed vendors
- Oversaw and coordinated all logistics
- Sourced and trained installation staff
- Communicated with National Tennis Center site administrators and client throughout project
Check out this piece NY1 did featuring a interview with myself discussing the Art & Sound of Tennis.